Help Using the Library Catalog
As of October 2011, the Library has moved to a new system!
This guide is designed to help you find books. For help with e-books, please use this guide.
Research Tip! Use general/broad keywords when you're searching for books on a topic. For example, if your topic is Alzheimer's, you should try searching for "Alzheimer's." However, if you don't find any books about this topic, try broadening your search by searching for "disease." There may be a book about disease with a chapter about Alzheimer's.
|Books, Ebooks, Videos, Print Magazines, and more!|
There are two accounts in the upper right of the Library Catalog:
First time users will need to set up an account. To set up an account, click to "sign in" then click the "forgot your password?" link. Enter your username. It will be one of two things:
- If you have a student ID, it will be the barcode number on the back.
- If you don't have a student ID, it will be the first part of your email address (without the period). So if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, then your username would be: johndoe
The page will refresh stating that you have a message in your email. Go to your student email account and follow the link in the email.
Type in your username and create a new password.
Return to the Library Catalog and click the Your Library Account sign in linkin the upper right to continue.
The second account is a WorldCat account. This account is not connected to our library. You can create a free account and select any username and password that you wish. The WorldCat account allows you to:
- Use the features in the "My WorldCat" tab
- Create a list of items or watch other peoples lists
- Write reviews
- Create a profile
- Identify favorite libraries
- Save searches
- Tag items
Tuesday October 4, 2011